Monday, October 8, 2012

Sanjay's Birthday

12 years ago, tomorrow ( October 9th), a little boy was born in India. He lived in an orphanage for his first 2 1/2 years of life. He was brought into our family at that age and we had the privilage of knowing and loving him for nearly 8 years. We hoped to have many more years with him, wondered what this sweet, silly, and smart little boy would be when he grew up?

 On this day 2 years ago we had high hopes that his upcoming Bone Marrow Transplant would be a cure for his genetic disease, Thalassemia Major. We had no idea that it was the last Birthday we would celebrate with him. That idea was unthinkable. The unthinkable occured 4 months later, during his BMT, with 2 freak brain bleeds.

 We surrounded him and said our good-byes as he slipped away from this life. We hope for the day we are reunited with him in the life to come, Heaven is sweeter...Sanjay, we love you so very much, and we miss you every day. Your life was precious to us.

4 comments:

  1. For some reason this post showed up in my google reader...you are in my thoughts and prayers...

    (Today is Dec 30, Feast of the Holy Family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie...your family, especially sweet Simeon, are in my prayers as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karla, I am so glad I read this! You all have been through so much and I am so sorry you went through this. Prayers for you, it is obvious you have great faith, thank you for sharing Sanjay with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Thank you so much for stopping by! I have been following your ( Dominic's) story and have been praying for you and him throughout. I am so inspired by your family's love and faith in action! I know, as a mother, the heart-wrenching pain of watching your child suffer, and be unable to do anything about it. All you can do is unite your pain to the Bless Virgin Mary's at the foot of the cross.

      I appreciate your prayers...these past few years have been the hardest cross that we've ever been asked to carry. If you want to read more about Sanjay's story, and our journey with him during his Bone Marrow Transplant, we still have his Caring Bridge site open. Log in and search for Sanjay Baca.

      May God bless you and may Mary's Mantle enfold you in her loving embrace today and always.

      Delete