Sunday, February 6, 2011

Adoption & Thalassemia










This is a wonderful little video clip about adopting children with Thalassemia. You may or may not know that our family adopted our 2 youngest children from India, and that they both have the genetic blood disorder  "Beta Thalassemia Major". When we first learned of them  in 2002 we knew nothing about Thalassemia...in fact, we weren't even planning on international adoption at that time. Hubby was deployed to Afghanistan!!! But through reading an adoption website of another military family who had adopted several medical needs children, I found out about Drama Queen and Lego Boy...and God whispered in my ear "They are YOURS, if you will answer my call". So I prayed , and researched Thalassemia, and emailed my Hubby in a war zone and asked him to pray and search HIS heart. This lasted for a few weeks and Hubby said...I trust your intuition...you are usually right about these things, let's go for it. The adoption journey began...                     

I will write more another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment